[NTLK] FieldWorker-relevant website

From: C.W. Otto Sohn (oky_at_avalon.net)
Date: Sat Sep 22 2001 - 13:09:09 EDT

FieldWorker Pro for the Newton by www.fieldworker.com has vanished from its
website. I have had some contact with them recently but haven't gotten a
conclusive answer on whether the software can still be bought through them.
If anybody is interested in finding out more, go right ahead and contact
their support staff by eMail. Personally, I am all set, having bought a
copy of FW a while ago on eBay; I won't follow up on the possibility of
having FieldWorker for the Newton available again. If you're interested,
you have to do the contacting yourself (and then report back to NTLK).

However, I have found a very interesting website (right here in Iowa)
giving tons of information on FieldWorker and the MessagePad in general (it
even has the MP2000 User's Manual on line).

Here's the main page:

<http://icss.agron.iastate.edu/gis/>

and here's the FieldWorker page:

<http://icss.agron.iastate.edu/gis/FieldWorker.html>

through which you can download several FieldWorker PDFs:

<http://icss.agron.iastate.edu/gis/fieldworker_pro_manual_newton.pdf>

<http://icss.agron.iastate.edu/gis/fieldworker_brochure.pdf>

<http://icss.agron.iastate.edu/gis/dc_field_demo_newton.pdf>

There are also some project files available on that website. Just poke
around...

Otto