Re: [NTLK] Wireless Internet should work! =) Thanks!

From: Brian (bmcewen_at_mediaone.net)
Date: Mon Sep 24 2001 - 12:22:01 EDT

>NIE 2 ??? RATS!!! That means that this won't be available for use by my
>MP130...

damn, I _really_ hate misinformation, esp. if I spread it earlier :/

I've spent the last 30 min grep'ing for the step-by-step how-to that Tom
emailed me on how to get my MP130 hooked up via MacIP with no luck.

And now I can't make even MacIP show up as a choice in any connect or prefs
slip on my 2.0 machines. I was SURE I had that capability though else I
wouldn't have started messing with IPNR.
(It's the localtalk module from NIE 2.0 that provides MacIP to NOS2.1
units; said module won't install under NOS 2.0; but I Really Thought I had
MacIP setup as a connect option on my MP130 at one point...)

Anyway at present I cannot show MacIP capability on NOS 2.0 devices,
although I was sure it would work. If someone knows differently, please
sing out!