Re: [NTLK] AW: AW: Another MP120 Question

From: Laurent Daudelin (laurent_daudelin_at_fanniemae.com)
Date: Tue Sep 25 2001 - 14:37:52 EDT

on 9/25/01 2:14 PM, Jon Glass at jonglass_at_usa.net wrote:

> on 9/24/01 1:55 PM, Johannes Wolf at jwolf_at_xe.estec.esa.nl wrote:
>
>> of course you are completely right, I was a bit confused this morning.
>> It is really special that the BZT sign is on the bottom of the Newt, since
>> you
>> cannot connect it directly to a telephone line.
>

> Would the Newton's ability to dial directly through its speaker make it
> connectable directly to the telephone line?

I've been doing this all the time with my 2100, that is, dialing phone
numbers through its speaker. It doesn't connect the 2100 to the line, but
it's handy to quickly and reliably dial numbers. That works only with tone
dialing, though, but I would guess that most if not all phone lines now are
tone dialing in the US...

-Laurent.

coaster n.: 1. Unuseable CD produced during failed attempt at writing to
writeable or re-writeable CD media. Certainly related to the coaster-like
shape of a CD, and the relative value of these failures. "I made a lot of
coasters before I got a good CD." 2. Useless CDs received in the mail from
the likes of AOL, MSN, CI$, Prodigy, ad nauseam.