[NTLK] Visor Expansion (not really off topic)

From: john_fraser_at_mac.com
Date: Wed Sep 26 2001 - 09:51:26 EDT

The visor slot seems to be just a normal PCMCIA slot with a wierd interface so that handspring can charge for royalties. =

Would Normal PCMCIA cards work?

<babble>
I ask because some company made an adpter to fit compact flash into the visor. The part number used to connect to the po=
rt inside the visor was a PCMCIA adapter. Of course then they used this inside a visor board looking case with a compact=
 flash receiver on the other end. Nothing fancy and it works fine.

Would it be possible to 1. find a way to get these devices to fit in the newton (with a very long PCMCIA adapter of some=
 sort) and then build drivers for some?

Think about it, MP3 players, cell phones, etc.. Yes over prices but at least we can use our newtons.

</babble>

Thanks! =3D)