Re: [NTLK] (no subject)

From: John Johnson (kamikazebear_at_excite.com)
Date: Wed Sep 26 2001 - 17:59:28 EDT

On Thu, 23 Aug 2001 00:22:48 -0400, newtontalk_at_newtontalk.net wrote:

> First of all, I must apologise if any of you have read this before.
> I have sent it in twice and haven't seen it in the digest, let alone
> any response to it.
> Whenever I remove my Apple 2 Meg flash card, my Newton waits a moment
> and then restarts, telling me that a system error caused the system
> to restart. Then it shows four of the packages on the card as if
> crossed out. But after I close the window with the card info on it,
> these disappear. I don't have this problem with my Dell Crosswords
> card (which is write-protected, of course). What is wrong with my
> card?

Speaking of which, all this talk of potential recognition failures
is beginning to worry me. Bearing in mind that not all users can
afford to try out the whole range of available cards, there must be
a list somewhere of *currently* available storage cards and their
capacities including questions like "How much space can the Newt
OSs handle?", "Is the 'adaptor" (which seems to fit the PCMCIA slot
and allow use of 'sticks') any good?".
If not, maybe there ought to be one! <|8-/ John J.