Re: [NTLK] NIE 1.1

From: Marco Mailand (Newton2k1_at_mac.com)
Date: Fri Sep 28 2001 - 07:15:10 EDT

> So the routing solution is out. Dargn.
> Then, what's the best way to use NIE 1.1? Are there cheap widely
> available modems we can use without a problem?
I think any PCMCIA modem will probably work in the MP1x0. Here's another
idea:
1. Try a modem to modem connection by using a simple power source (battery,
possibly with series resistor) to fool the two modems
2. On the Mac you can run IPNR (IP network router) which should let you
route an existing internet connection to a serial port with a modem
hooked-up. IPNR let's you route basically anything...

Could NIE1.1 use a simple serial connection too? IPNR can redirect the
internet stream to a serial port too.

--
With best regards / Viele Gruesse

Marco Mailand http://slsbd.psi.ch/timing