[NTLK] NOS3.0 (Re: PDA comparison table)

From: aenkerli_at_indiana.edu
Date: Fri Sep 28 2001 - 12:01:05 EDT

> Last point... short of a miracle, what would it take to
> make a better newton and get an OS version 3.0 going ?
Two miracles? ;-)

For a number of reasons, while there's certainly a market for a successor
to our Newts, it doesn't look like it's coming anytime soon.

There's been some suggestions like having AAPL shareholders get the PDA
issue be discussed. Maybe that could help.

A non-Apple Newton successor doesn't seem to be possible, at least
legally.

Dreaming is free...