Re: [NTLK] Newton Software: Thanks

From: THX 1138 (onefishtwofish_at_mac.com)
Date: Fri Sep 28 2001 - 13:10:33 EDT

Warning: Mostly informed options follow. Take at face value, I will
defend them to the death!

>So.... more questions:
>
>Nethopper 3.2 or Newtscape?

Newtscape! Steep learning curve, but more features than you knew you
needed. Excellent support.

>What Word Processor?

NewtonWorks, plus the draw, calculate, and quick figure spreadsheet
add-ons. ebase is pretty cool too. all these can be found at
http://www.unna.org

>Shread Sheet?

see above.

>Mail? (I think I like eudora but maybe something else)?

Simple Mail.

>Real Time News?

Ummm, CNN maybe ;) I dunno exactly what you mean here, like a ticker
or something? I don't know of one of these for the Newton, but you
can set Newtscape to automatically download news pages.

Please note that all of these except Newtscape are now free, and you
really should buy Newtscape as Steve is still developing it and other
fun newton things.

hth.

later,

--