Re: [NTLK] My first Newton (finally!)

From: John Johnson (kamikazebear_at_excite.com)
Date: Sun Sep 30 2001 - 19:26:57 EDT

On Wed, 22 Aug 2001 18:25:28 +0200, newtontalk_at_newtontalk.net wrote:

> on 8/22/01 1:00 PM, Woo Lee at vitcitylb_at_earthlink.net wrote:
>
> > Well, this was discussed and resolved 6-9 months ago.
> > Certain cables have no problem with Epsons with model numbers under
1000.
> > Other cables work on some models but not all models.
> > If the 900 doesn't work, the cable may or may not work. I have a cable
> > that works great on the 740, but doesn't work on the 900. It's the
> > PrintPack2.0 cable.
> > ------------------
> >> Well, I just tried this on my Stylus 900, and all I got was gibberish.
> >> would assume the same from the 740. Sorry.
>
> The question was if you could do a serial connection. This is not
possible
> with the PrintPack software, apparently. You need the ser->par.
converter,
> and, as you mentioned, no every one of them works...

I'm really surprised such a thing exists: tell me more.
I have got a passable "recovered" Epson LQ-1050 (that's the model: I've just
checked!) and a recently adopted Canon BJC-150 and, if I can have any
confidence of getting *either* (both would be nice) to work I would be more
than willing to give this NewtonPrint Pack a try!
    <|8-? John J.