Re: [NTLK] 3Com Ethernet card

From: Rodney Tamblyn (rodney_at_stonebow.otago.ac.nz)
Date: Sun Sep 30 2001 - 19:36:40 EDT

Make sure you have installed the Farallon driver as well as the add on package for 3COM. See the FAQ on chuma for more info (search "ethernet, Newton,FAQ" on Google for address)

I have just set this up this morning with a 3COM 589D card and it does work.

Rodney

>I have a 3Com (3cxe589dt) Lan card for my Newton 2000(2100 upgrade), but am
>unable to get the Newt to work with the card.
>I installed the NIE software for the newton, and the drivers I got from
>Chuma.org website, and followed the instructions from there too.
>
>When I put the card in, I get a message that There is a problem with this
>card (newton cannot recognize this type of card).
>
>Any suggestions?
>
>Thanks
>

>--

Rodney Tamblyn
Educational Media group
Higher Education Development Centre, 75 Union Place
University of Otago, PO Box 56, Dunedin, New Zealand
ph +64 3 479 7580 Fax +64 3 479 8362
http://hedc.otago.ac.nz ~ http://rodney.weblogs.com