Re: [NTLK] Messagepad case and memory upgrade

From: Tony Kan (tony.kan_at_clear.net.nz)
Date: Mon Apr 01 2002 - 08:39:44 EST

Hi Phil
I own an HP200LX which is a DOS based palmtop PDA. The software for it is
pretty good. The HP200 PIM eats the Date application, I've got a copy of
Timetrax to try out and I hope its an improvement. For example one can
easily make Easter a recurring appointment in the HP200 so that it appears
on the right date but difficult to do in the standard Date app.

I have a leather case for the HP200 and I found such covers invaluable for
keeping out dust as well as protecting the device from the inevitable Fall
From a Great Height. So when I got the MP2k the first thing I looked for
was a suitable case. I can always ask on your behalf. I will write on
Wednesday to let you know how I got on.

At the moment my priority is trying to get connected. I can't try out
Timetrax until then. I've got a dongle coming from Switzerland from Marco
Mailand and I'm waiting for GemEnterprises to come back from Easter holidays
so that we can close an ebay auction for a cable. Downloaded the
connectivity software so hopefully I could be going in a couple of weeks.

Nice to meet another Newtonian in this neck of the woods. I wonder if its
possible to setup an ANZAC NUG? Anyway, found a few people selling MP2x00's
on www.widget.com.au and occasionally see one for sale at www.trademe.co.nz;

What kind of work do you do and do you have specific Newton apps for your
industry?

Cheers
Tony.