Re: [NTLK] gementerprise vs. mr2ndhand

From: David Golden (ikondave_at_charter.net)
Date: Mon Apr 01 2002 - 11:18:35 EST

on 4/1/02 6:02 AM, good-dog_at_northshore.net at good-dog_at_northshore.net wrote:

> I remember there was some varied satisfaction with Gem Enterprises mp21k
> machines. Am I correct in this memory? Do we have a Database of
> Satisfaction recording how many "good", "great", "okay" and "terrible"
> experiences/machine qualities?
>
> What's the comparison between Gem and mr2ndhand?
>
> Is there any concensus on either subject?
>
> Thanks.
>
> Mark

Hi Mark-

My recollection is that there were four companies selling MP2100's ( and
other Newton items ), through ebay and over the net in the past several
months. In order of customer satisfaction they were :
1. MacEasy
2. Variety Shop
3. Mr. 2nd Hand
4. Gem Enterprises

I believe that numbers one and two were both very good ( almost a tie ), and
that they were noticeably better than three and four, who were also very
nearly the same in product quality, service, etc. IMHO the best service and
products came from Product Resellers ( Jerry Brown ), but they are no longer
selling individual units. This is a highly informal and, possibly flawed,
response to this question, but this is how I remember things. FWIW

Dave