Re: [NTLK] How - Notes to Mac via NCU??

From: James Johnston (jimthej_at_mac.com)
Date: Wed Apr 03 2002 - 19:35:34 EST

On 4/3/02 15:30, "Frank Gruendel" <Frank_Gruendel_at_t-online.de> wrote:

>> To get notes from your PC into your Newt, I believe you can use one of two
>> options in Newton Connection Utilities
>
> While we're at it: How the f**k does the other direction work? How do I get
> a plain note exported to a text file, copied to the clipboard or whatever in
> order
> to use the text in a plain desktop text editor?
> All NCU allows is Export, and this results in a text file in which the real
> text is
> but a small part, the rest is all the other fields a note on the Newton has
> (date, folder, ...).
> I know this is possible with RCU, but this is just such a common problem
> that
> there *must* be an Apple solution.
> Oh boy, I wish the Newton Connection Kit worked on OS 2.0 devices...
>
> Frank
>
> Newton hardware and software at http://www.pda-soft.de

Always worked for me. Try saving as a text file instead of rtf. To repeat
myself again, My favorite utility for moving data to and from the notepad or
works is X-Port. Does text or rtf over ethernet(appletalk) drawings to gifs,
etc. best of all it does batches. Select multiple notes in overview and
batch them to your desktop.

--
Jim Johnston
Teacher