Re: [NTLK] FAQ and ethernet

From: John Goggan (jgoggan_at_dcg.com)
Date: Thu Apr 04 2002 - 09:03:52 EST

Hobbes wrote:
> Short answer is: for package installing packages,
> importing/exporting or backing up over ethernet = Mac only.

Um, I'll agree on the backing up and importing/exporting (well, I do it on the
PC using Basilisk, but that's still a Mac, I guess) -- but I disagree on the
package installing. I install packages all the time directly from my Win2000
box to my MP2100 using ethernet -- with Thomas Tempelmann's DIL Tester. Works
fine for installing packages via ethernet from a Windows box.

 - John...