Re: [NTLK] Zaurus Anyone?

From: Mark Rollins (mark_at_mrollins.com)
Date: Fri Apr 05 2002 - 05:22:42 EST

Subject: Re: [NTLK] Zaurus Anyone?
From: oliver.brose_at_t-online.de (Oliver Brose)

>Many people do not use their PDAs to their full potential due to the
>ineffectiveness of the GUI, although the machines have excellent >hardware
>capabilities. They just keep it to add another plaything every some >weeks
>("Look, I got me 256MB of storage! Look, next I will get WLAN! No, I
>don't
>use my iPaq that often anymore, but having WLAN would be cool.")

Bingo! I'm giving a half-day presentation at a global environment and
safety conference in San Diego later this year. It's about using PDAs in
the profession.

What I plan to do is discuss concepts about streamlining your work, not
"the Palm does this" or "PocketPC does the other". What will be
disconcerting to some - I'm sure - is that I still use an MP2100, as
Palm doesn't "do it" (yet?) and PocketPC has a host of features that are
neither useful nor appreciated.

--

Mark Rollins mark_at_mrollins.com www.mrollins.com