Re: [NTLK] Downloading with Nethopper

From: Laurent Daudelin (laurent_daudelin_at_fanniemae.com)
Date: Fri Apr 05 2002 - 13:38:07 EST

On 05/04/02 13:07, "Robert Benschop" <rbenschop_at_mac.com> wrote:

> on 05-04-2002 7:11, Jon Glass at jonglass_at_mac.com wrote:
>
>> Well, since my new 2100 doesn't have a dongle, I'm forced to use creative
>> means to get software onto my Newt until I can get a dongle.
>
> I could send you a dongle, but why bother, just get an Ethernet card.
> They're cheaper and way faster, since you still have your 130 you could beam
> the drivers and necessary packages to your 2100.

I thought I read a few times that the complete NIE drivers wouldn't install
on a 130?

-Laurent.

fandango on core n.: [Unix/C hackers, from the Iberian dance] In C, a wild
pointer that runs out of bounds, causing a core dump, or corrupts the
malloc(3) arena in such a way as to cause mysterious failures later on, is
sometimes said to have `done a fandango on core'. On low-end personal
machines without an MMU (or Windows boxes, which have an MMU but use it
incompetently), this can corrupt the OS itself, causing massive lossage.
Other frenetic dances such as the cha-cha or the watusi, may be substituted.
See aliasing bug, precedence lossage, smash the stack, memory leak, memory
smash, overrun screw, core.