[NTLK] Re - Charging NiMH's

From: Frank Gruendel (Frank_Gruendel_at_t-online.de)
Date: Fri Apr 05 2002 - 18:01:23 EST

> Any way, this puppy uses those NiMH batteries. Is it safe to plug this
thing
> in every night, whether the batteries are completely discharged, or should
> wait until the battery is completely discharged, like I do with my 130?
TIA

This has been answered quite a couple of times, I'd just like to add my
personal opinion.
NiMH's aren't supposed to show any memory effect, but depending on who
you ask and what you read you get different opinions.
Fact is that charging NiMH's only after they are discharged would not hurt
them
if there isn't a memory effect and it will help if there is. That's why I
always do
it that way.

Frank

Newton hardware and software at http://www.pda-soft.de