Re: [NTLK] Zaurus Anyone?

From: Laurent Daudelin (nemesys_at_cox.rr.com)
Date: Sat Apr 06 2002 - 16:06:39 EST

on 06/04/02 05:51, Oliver Brose at oliver.brose_at_t-online.de wrote:

>> Date: Fri, 05 Apr 2002 05:22:42 -0500
>> From: Mark Rollins <mark_at_mrollins.com>
>> Subject: Re: [NTLK] Zaurus Anyone?
>>

>> What I plan to do is discuss concepts about streamlining your work, not
>> "the Palm does this" or "PocketPC does the other". What will be
>> disconcerting to some - I'm sure - is that I still use an MP2100, as
>> Palm doesn't "do it" (yet?) and PocketPC has a host of features that are
>> neither useful nor appreciated.
>
> When I see Palms or PocketPCs I always get the impression of a fun toy, but
> not of a useful tool, even with most simplistic applications as Notes &
> Dates. The Newton has the bigger bang, hands down. I keep some nice stuff o=
> it, rotating 3D objects, WABA Asteroids (*rocks* when using the ext.
> keyboard!), HQ-MODs, sometimes a movie, but usually just to give a short
> *wow* to others before I tell them about the true working benefits. My
> friends iPaq has the coolest Moonlander game though.

Indeed, I have a few co-workers with Palms and PocketPCs and even though
they bring them to the numerous meetings we have, I've never seen any of
them attempting to take notes with them...

-Laurent.

COBOL /koh'bol/ n.: [COmmon Business-Oriented Language] (Synonymous with evil.) A weak, verbose, and flabby language used by card wallopers to do boring mindless things on dinosaur mainframes. Hackers believe that all COBOL programmers are suits or code grinders, and no self-respecting hacker will ever admit to having learned the language. Its very name is seldom uttered without ritual expressions of disgust or horror. One popular one is Edsger W. Dijkstra's famous observation that "The use of COBOL cripples the mind; its teaching should, therefore, be regarded as a criminal offense."