Re: [NTLK] GPS

From: doppler (doppler_at_mac.com)
Date: Mon Apr 08 2002 - 08:23:09 EDT

On Sun, 31 Mar 2002 13:07:55 +0200 Marco Mailand <Newton2k1_at_mac.com> wrote:

> Another good source of maps is Route planning programs. Some of them include
> a feature to use GPS and draw LON/LAT lines. I made a map with such a
> program using the Macintosh screen copy into PICT files (CMD-SHIFT-3) and
> got a nice map of UK including Scotland and EIRE.

an other is presumably to point your browser to...

<http://www.mapblast.com/pblast/port.mb?loc=wo&W=480&H=320&STYLE=mbPrint&DU=
%20KM>

...and steal a 16 shades map that you tailor yourself. note that the W/H
values in the URL can be adjusted to what you think is more suitable. use
[Cmd+Shift+4] to get a haircross option for the screenshot, so that you will
not have to do more post-processing work than necessary.

also note that this way you can use newtscape to download maps directly to
the newton. dont ask me how to save them, but im sure there is a smart way
somehow...

there must be sattelite maps somewhere to download also, that would be damn
cool, but i havent found any good source yet, maybe someone else can chime
in here!

/peace