Re: [NTLK] PDFNewt

From: Laurent Daudelin (laurent_daudelin_at_fanniemae.com)
Date: Mon Apr 08 2002 - 09:37:23 EDT

On 08/04/02 08:51, "BOURGUIGNON D DvSI/SNPI MTY"
<didier.bourguignon_at_francetelecom.com> wrote:

> After thinking translate the pdf file to a Bookmaker source file. Because this
> solution need a two steps translation (PDF -> bookmaker file -> .pkg) and
> three
> tools (PDF BookMaker converter, bookmaker, NTK), I return to my first choice :
> translate directly PDF to NewtonBook.
>
> BTW all knowledges about the NewtonBook format package (other than
> informations in the Newton Format document) is welcome.
>
> I also need to known the list of the graphics formats supported by the Book
> Reader to convert the images in the PDF file.

Would the translation from PDF to NewtonBook would happen on a Newton? I
don't think using it at this time, but for those people that do everything
on their Newton, including all internet access, it might be more valuable to
be able to download a pdf which would open on the Newton or translate on it
automatically.

Just my $0.02...

-Laurent.

bytesexual /bi:t`sek'shu-*l/ adj.: [rare] Said of hardware, denotes
willingness to compute or pass data in either big-endian or little-endian
format (depending, presumably, on a mode bit somewhere). See also NUXI
problem.