Re: [NTLK] IR & IrDA Compatibility

From: Peter Cameron (pdwc_at_sympatico.ca)
Date: Mon Apr 08 2002 - 10:53:24 EDT

on 4/8/02 8:49 AM, Chris Searles at csearles_at_netcologne.de wrote:

> A very banal question indeed, but I swear to God I can't find anything
> about it in the FAQ: Are the two IR standards on the different Newton
> models compatible with each other, i.e. can you beam back and forth
> between a Newton 130 (IR) and a Newton 2100 (IrDA)?

    You can beam stuff back and forth between different Newton models but
only things that both models support. For example you cannot beam Newt Works
documents to a 130 from a 2100 and you can't beam a Notes Checklist to an
OMP. I use beaming to move notes and names between my OMP and 2100 all the
time.

Peter