Re: [NTLK] I'm back (and bad news)

From: Mark Ross (markr13_at_comcast.net)
Date: Mon Apr 08 2002 - 21:16:57 EDT

>Well, my two weeks of "no technology" (except for my
>Newton) is over...I'm back in civilization! (and on
>Kauai, it's tough just getting a dial-up internet
>connection!)
>The bad news is I believe that the x-ray machine on
>Kauai damaged my Newton.
>
>I'll find out later on tonight if the newt has a loose
>wire or not. Otherwise...I'm going to leave the power
>off for 3 days...we'll see.
>Ed
>web/gadget guru

Its getting so that you can't take stuff on planes anymore. If you think
the hand baggage X-rays are bad, the checked baggage is far worse. We
had all our film in checked baggage fogged from a recent trip. They must
need far higher energies to see through big bags and with no people
around, they can really zap away.

Mark Ross
markr13_at_comcast.net

NuShields: Your best defense against screen damage
http://www.NuShield.com

Phone/Fax/Voicemail: (530) 678-5513