Re: [NTLK] OT: portable cd player - copy protected audio CDs

From: Marco Mailand (Newton2k1_at_mac.com)
Date: Tue Apr 09 2002 - 06:21:21 EDT

> What I just read is that the latest copy protected CDs (read: CDs f*#ked
up
> in the factory) probably won't work in your CD-ROM drive anymore and might
> not even play in your old CD player.
There was an article in our newspaper about that issue. If an audio CD
doesn't play in your old or new home (HiFi) CD-player you can bring it back
and get refunded. But if it doesn't play in your computer they will rise
their hands and point to the warning on the package: This CD may not play in
your Windos or Macintosh computer. If you really have to bring a CD back
because it doesn't play you will probably get the most wanted songs in the
Gnutella network :-) I got nearly all there, so far :-))

--
With best Regards / Viele Gruesse!

Marco Mailand

http://slsbd.psi.ch/timing http://slsbd.psi.ch/~mmailand/ https://www.paypal.com/refer/pal=YYD3VUXUVD2YG