Re: [NTLK] OT: portable cd player - copy protected audio CDs

From: Thomas Cherry (jceaser_at_mac.com)
Date: Tue Apr 09 2002 - 13:18:29 EDT

Why would your computer crash. Why would it not just throw an error. If I
understand what Sony wants to do, they are going to put small errors in the
disks that will cause the CD-R laser to miss read data. Should be just the
same as if there was a large scratch on the disk. I agree that this action
the industry wants to make is horrible, but I don't agree with your theory
of crashing.