Re: [NTLK] OT: iPod vs. RioVolt sp100 & Firewire Question

From: good-dog_at_northshore.net
Date: Tue Apr 09 2002 - 14:01:47 EDT

Thomas Cherry wrote:

> Don't forget temperature. A few hours in the Texas sun will kill a CD-R.
>
> on 4/9/02 12:41 PM, Marco Mailand at Newton2k1_at_mac.com wrote:
>
> > Okay, a CD is more
> > sensitive against dust and scratches but in the mechanical sense it is
> > probably more durable then a harddrive.

Also, in my mind the iPod is not meant to be a permanent anything,
merely a transport device (Now we're talking. Inter-dimensional travel
anyone) with high capacity for storage. I'd imagine that if something
happened to my tunes or books on tape (anyone ever done that?), I'd just
reload it back onto the iPod. No big deal. Am I mistaken somewhere
along the line?

Mark