Re: [NTLK] PDFNewt

From: Laurent Daudelin (laurent_daudelin_at_fanniemae.com)
Date: Tue Apr 09 2002 - 14:13:59 EDT

On 09/04/02 13:55, "Steve Weyer" <weyer_at_kagi.com> wrote:

>> From: "BOURGUIGNON D DvSI/SNPI MTY" <didier.bourguignon_at_francetelecom.com>
>> Date: Tue, 9 Apr 2002 16:08:16 +0200
>

>> Thanks, for the Newton Bitmap Format, I have found the description, but where
>> can I found the one of the PICT format ?
>
> PICT is a Macintosh graphics format -- I don't recall it seeing it detailed
> in the Newton docs, but you should be able to find it in Mac docs (maybe
> early volume of Inside Macintosh?)

Definitely in Inside Macintosh. Don't remember which one, probably volume I
or II, since the PICT format was created when the Macintosh was introduced.
I would imagine that some revisions were done to it, so it might be useful
to check IM IV and IM V, specially V which covers the Mac II and the first
time that the system supported colors.

-Laurent.

dinosaur n.: 1. Any hardware requiring raised flooring and special power.
Used especially of old minis and mainframes, in contrast with newer
microprocessor-based machines. In a famous quote from the 1988 Unix EXPO,
Bill Joy compared the liquid-cooled mainframe in the massive IBM display
with a grazing dinosaur "with a truck outside pumping its bodily fluids
through it". IBM was not amused. Compare big iron; see also mainframe. 2.
[IBM] A very conservative user; a zipperhead.