Re: [NTLK] NuShield

From: Mark Ross (markr13_at_comcast.net)
Date: Tue Apr 09 2002 - 22:12:27 EDT

>I got my NuShiedl today and what a junk product!
>It just makes your screen blurier, does not decrease reflection from the
>screen a bit.
>I might just offer protection against stratches, but othe then that you can
>just
>cut piece of plastic that you use for transparency presentation and it will
>work just as good.
>Besides that shiled already have dust and pieces of small hair on them!
>I know I will be flamed for this postings, but this is just my opinion.
>Alex

Let me correct some misconceptions. One, the new film we use does not
have a masking film anymore. This is because both sides are now scratch
resistant. One is an anti-glare side and the other is smooth. On the
Newton, you can use either side up. You may have the smooth side up so
you won't see much glare protection.

As for dust, we do clean and inspect each and every piece that we get.
They are cut in a large factory floor die cutting shop so dust and dirt
are a constant issue. The die operators wear cotton gloves at our
request to minimize the problem, but some dust may get through anyway.
We always recommend that you clean both the film and your Newton screen
before you apply it.

We now sell Klear Screen singles on our site as well. They are wonderful
for cleaning all types of screens as well as coated optics. If you buy
the NuShield films, we sell 4 of them for almost cost to encourage their
use. You can buy six packs as well.

If you are not happy with your purchase, we always offer a complete money
back refund. Just return the product with the invoice for a credit.

Mark Ross
markr13_at_comcast.net

NuShields: Your best defense against screen damage
http://www.NuShield.com

Phone/Fax/Voicemail: (530) 678-5513