Re: [NTLK] Newton demos (was I'm back (and bad news))

From: eric a . Farris (eafarris_at_bigfoot.com)
Date: Thu Apr 11 2002 - 08:04:23 EDT

On Wed, Apr 10, 2002 at 02:06:50PM -0700, Ed Kummel wrote:

> A similar thing happened on a Delta flight from San
> Francisco to Honolulu.
> One of the female flight attendants saw me using my
> newton and asked to look at it. I explained what it
> was and she promptly went and gathered the rest of the
> flight attendants. I have the entire crew around my
> seat watching me demo my Newt! I went through what is
> now my standard demo. When I was finished, there was a

this is cool. i love stories like this. i have a related question for
you folks: what is your "standard demo?" in addition to showing them the
awesome HWR, i have a small NewtWorks spreadsheet that i open up and
show them a quick graph, i show them my formatted resume in newtworks
use Assist to create an appointment... what all do you do to show off
your newt? some of the stuff i did when i got this thing is less
impressive now that Palm/PocketPC can do most of this stuff, and in many
cases faster and prettier than my Newt.

BTW: i'm in a party mood today, for this morning MoreInfo reminded me:
  4/11/1997: MP2K Arrived
Happy anniversary to me!

--
eric a. Farris  eafarris_at_bigfoot.com  www.bigfoot.com/~eafarris
Systems Administrator

Actual Windows Error Message: An Unknown Program caused an Unknown Error in an Unknown Module.

Welcome to the Incorporated States of America. Would you like the blue pill or the red pill?