Re: [NTLK] Buying advice?

From: John Ruschmeyer (jruschme_at_mac.com)
Date: Thu Apr 11 2002 - 09:38:37 EDT

Andr=E9 Baron wrote:

>=20
> Ahh "true" 2100's, the only difference between those and upgraded 2000'=
s=20
> is the case. One says Newton Technology Inc. at the top, the bottom ha=
s=20
> a raised apple logo, and it says Message Pad 2100. No big deal, these =

> units are identical in every other way to the upgraded 2000 they=20
> replaced. The difference between a regular 2000 and an upgraded 2000 is=
=20
> as you noted the RAM. It is not impossible to upgrade the RAM, there=20
> are one or two list members who will do it for you, though if your=20
> looking for a new newton get one that is already upgraded because it is=
=20
> much more cost effective. (uprading IIRC costs about 80-100 usd.

> Those deals that you see for the upgraded 2000, yup those are real=20
> prices, and reasonable ones at that. I don't think I'd worry about the=
m=20
> bieng to good to be ture, though select your seller carefully; check th=
e=20
> archives for some of the discussions we've had.

Which brings to mind a question I've been wondering about. On average,=20
it seems like the various sellers on ebay are listing the MP2000U's with =

opening bids that are about $20US less than their opening bids on the=20
2100s. I'm wondering what the rationale is? (Don't get me wrong, I'm not =

complaining... that's why I bought a 2000U.)

Thoughts?

<<<john>>>