Re: [NTLK] Newton DIL Tester

From: John Goggan (jgoggan_at_dcg.com)
Date: Thu Apr 11 2002 - 17:14:51 EDT

Paul Nuernberger wrote:
> Can you do restorable backups ?

No.

> Notice that I did say 'fully implemented'.

Sorry, as I explained in the beginning -- I was confused as to exactly WHAT
you were saying -- and fully TOLD you that. It appeared that you were saying
that you couldn't do TCP/IP (without EtherTalk) with the Dock at all -- which
I was simply saying wasn't the case if that is what you meant.

> So you are doing this on a Macintosh ? Thought not.

No. Never meant to imply that I was.

> No, you are using Templeman's Newton Data Browser. I was speaking
> strictly of the DIL from Apple. Have you played with that ?

Nope. I misunderstood you. When you just said DIL, the only thing I knew of
was Templeman's DIL Tester. We are obviously talking about different things.
No biggie.

> So instead of arguing a point of your own making why not argue
> against the one I was making.

I wasn't trying to ARGUE with you at all -- it appears that you are, though.
I told you from the beginning that I wasn't sure -- and was just trying to
explain what DID work for me. Based on some other responses, I think some
others may have thought that too. I thought I saw at least one other that was
talking about it working with DIL Tester. Just a mistake on my part, SORRY.
Sheesh!

> When you can do this on OSX you will prove me wrong,

I never will since we're apparently talking about different things. I have to
Mac (that will ever run OSX, at least). I won't be proving anything. I was
just trying to help -- not "prove", "disprove" or "argue" anything.

> as that was the crux of the original start to this - TCP/IP to the
> Newton under OSX.

Yes, but then when it went to you saying something about TCP/IP in the Dock
not talking to DIL Tester at all via TCP/IP only -- and that "only AppleTalk"
was possible -- I thought that I'd add what I knew. Which was that I use
TCP/IP in Dock to talk to Templeman's DIL Tester under Windows via TCP/IP
only.

Sorry if I assumed incorrectly, eh!?? I mean, the SUBJECT was "Newton DIL
Tester" -- I assumed it was about the only "Newton DIL Tester" product that I
had heard of (Templeman's thing -- for Windows -- which I use daily)!

> It's been ... fun.

It was -- until you freaked.

 - John...