Re: [NTLK] Filemaker to Newton database

From: Laurent Daudelin (nemesys_at_cox.rr.com)
Date: Sat Apr 13 2002 - 00:30:45 EDT

on 12/04/02 21:50, Ray Kloss at raykloss_at_mac.com wrote:

> What databases are available that can be dumped automatically into a Newton
> from a Mac? I think Leverage can, which I have, but is there another that
> can do a text file send (I think Leverage only works with older versions of
> FM).

I thought I already replied to that message???

Yes, AFAIK, Leverage is probably your only option with an old version of FM.
Like I said previously, I know that someone came with a Newton app that
would connect to a desktop running a 4th Dimension database, but that's
pretty much all I can remember...

-Laurent.

bug-compatible adj.: [common] Said of a design or revision that has been badly compromised by a requirement to be compatible with fossils or misfeatures in other programs or (esp.) previous releases of itself. "MS-DOS 2.0 used \ as apath separator to be bug-compatible with some cretin's choice of / as an option character in 1.0."