Re: [NTLK] PDFNewt (getting more OIT with every message)

From: Smith, Bradley (bradley.smith_at_artisansw.com)
Date: Mon Apr 15 2002 - 11:32:26 EDT

C++ has got a boat load of hacks that people who've never used Obj-C will
say are great features. I was once one of those people e.g. template classes
to get around strong typing, run time type info, again to get around strong
typing. The one thing it does have that Obj-C, Java and SmallTalk don't is
multiple inheritance. In theory MI is cool. In practice (my current project
has a fair bit in it) it's a bomb waiting to go off. Because of MI you can't
say "superclass do this" and that makes for very fragile class hierarchies.
Rant over - for now...

Brad