Re: [NTLK] Zaurus and mac

From: Steve Weyer (weyer_at_kagi.com)
Date: Mon Apr 15 2002 - 21:10:27 EDT

> Date: Mon, 15 Apr 2002 22:56:12 +1000
> From: aaron tester <desktop_at_lavalink.com.au>
>
> i have been told there is mac connecticity for OSX in the works for the
> linux zaurus - but the japanese version on these pages runs on very
> different hardware + software anyway.
>
> i have lately been fantasising about NOS on the zaurus hardware - is this
> even a remote possibility with GNUton or have i completely misunderstood
> the whole thing? i see newer pdas with a smaller form factor (which is
> better for me) and think about switching but i just think NOS is so damn
> great! will it ever be available on another machine?

SlashDot had a reference to a recent interesting article: "The Computer
History Simulation Project is a loose Internet-based collective of people
interested in restoring historically significant computer hardware and
software systems by simulation. The goal of the project is to create highly
portable system simulators and to publish them as freeware on the Internet,
with freely available copies of significant or representative software"

    http://simh.trailing-edge.com/

so, if someone wanted to finish Gnuton that would be great. then we could
run it on Zaurus, or on any future hardware!

--
Steve