Re: [NTLK] Installing Cadenza

From: John Ruschmeyer (jruschme_at_mac.com)
Date: Tue Apr 16 2002 - 16:17:09 EDT

olivier.chanet_at_valeo.com wrote:

> Hello John !
> It seems that you succeeded in installing the Cadenza server. Did you get
> the nnotes.dll from a R4 Notes Client ?
>
> Olivier

[I'm cc-ing this to the list, so that it gets captured in the archives
or, better yet, the FAQ.]

Well, that's the funny thing, I didn't need it.

My IT person gave me a CD with the installer for Notes 5.0.8. I
installed it, but didn't have my ID file, so I couldn't connect to the
server.

Checking the C:\lotus\notes directory, I found a nnotes.dll file, so I
went ahead and tried to install Cadenza. This stopped at the error that
there was not a valid Notes folder.

Yesterday, I finally got my ID file and got the client set up. On a
whim, I tried again to intall Cadenza... this time it intalled fine.
Apparently, it was also looking for something else in the directory
which was not yet set up until I configured the connection to the server.

I'm only aware of doing one thing which *might* have contributed to this
success- I added C:\Lotus\Notes to the PATH. This was per the advice of
various Usenet posting about other software which could not find nnotes.dll.

Beyond that was some tedious configuration issues:

        Entering the authorisation key in the Cadenza control db
        Creating a profile for myself in the Cadenza control db
        Entering Notes info into owner card on Newt
        Creating PPP config so that I could use serial connection

The big problem I'm having now is mail. Sending from the Newton works
fine. Receiving was giving me a problem until I touched one of the
options (wish I could remember which one). The problem I'm having now is
that mail from other Notes users comes encrypted and that doesn't seem
to be supported (I get a blank message same as with the web interface.)

<<<john>>>