Re: [NTLK] Time Script

From: Laurent Daudelin (laurent_daudelin_at_fanniemae.com)
Date: Wed Apr 17 2002 - 15:31:31 EDT

On 17/04/02 15:22, "Ferdi Ozguner" <fozguner_at_ualberta.ca> wrote:

> Is there a reason that anyone can think of why my script would not do anything
> after ive typed it in and tried to run it?
>
> I copied the revised text sent to newtontalk perfectly. It compiles
> successfully and then nothing.

Are you sure you have MacinTalk running properly? Are you able to use it
from another application? If so, are you sure that the code you entered
matches perfectly?

-Laurent.

code police n.: [by analogy with George Orwell's `thought police'] A
mythical team of Gestapo-like storm troopers that might burst into one's
office and arrest one for violating programming style rules. May be used
either seriously, to underline a claim that a particular style violation is
dangerous, or ironically, to suggest that the practice under discussion is
condemned mainly by anal-retentive weenies. "Dike out that goto or the code
police will get you!" The ironic usage is perhaps more common.