[NTLK] Pocket Quicken/Pocket Money question + PC

From: Murray, Tom (TMurray_at_usequities.com)
Date: Thu Apr 18 2002 - 11:32:00 EDT

I have been using Pocket Quicken ever since my MP120 (now on MP2kU).
Obviously Pocket Quicken "Connect" isn't keeping up with the times and was
always quirky working in Windoze. Is there anyone out there running a newer
version of Windows, i.e. Win2k, WinXP plus a newer version of Quicken, i.e.
2000, 2001 AND successfully using Pocket Quicken connect? I know this is a
stretch but I thought I would ask. When I do a test in PQ I can get it to
connect (I have Win2k and Quicken 2001), but when I attempt to do a link
accounts or transfer transactions it fails. I have the transfer process
working on an older system running Win2k and Quicken 98 but I would like to
upgrade Quicken.

On a different note...realizing that the above might have reached it's final
functionality, I understand that Pocket Money still allows you to export QIF
files so you can import into Quicken. Will this work with the newer
versions of Quicken? Also, I was under the understanding that if you have
multiple accounts (checking, savings, credit) you need to do separate
exports for each account...is this true? Lastly, is it possible to import
from Quicken into Pocket Money (all my data is in my Pocket Quicken and I
don't want to lose it on my Newt if I have to remove PQ and go with PM)?

I appreciate any info you can give me on this. I don't know how relevant
this information is to the rest of the people on the list (mostly Mac users)
so you can contact me off list if you wish.

Ta velly mooch.

Tom