Re: [NTLK] book readers

From: John Ruschmeyer (jruschme_at_mac.com)
Date: Fri Apr 19 2002 - 17:38:21 EDT

> From: Vladimir Alexiev <Vladimir_at_worklogic.com>
> Date: Fri, 19 Apr 2002 16:09:12 -0400
> To: "'newtontalk_at_newtontalk.net'" <newtontalk_at_newtontalk.net>
> Subject: [NTLK] book readers
>

> The new one going is Korean Hiebook. Same screen as newt, MP3 player,
> headphones, linux(?) based, no SDKs yet however therefore not a lot of
> software, book builder from HTML (not as good as NewtsCape, but runs on PC
> thus faster). Goes for $300.

Interesting... I just noticed that FictionWise (http://www.fictionwise.com)
is now offering Hiebook format.

BTW, my new pastime... buy the book from Fictionwise, download as a PDB,
convert PDB to text and load into NewtonPress. (Actually, I do the
conversions with a set of Word macros and do some minimal reformatting,
using RTF as the intermediate format.) The trick is not reading the book
while I convert it. :-)

<<<john>>>