Re: [NTLK] OT - Off topic - US drivers

From: Marco Mailand (Newton2k1_at_mac.com)
Date: Tue Apr 23 2002 - 05:00:21 EDT

> I'm sorry, but that's kinda funny! I always think it's
> amazing what the Europeans can do with small engines.
> Honestly, I never drove a car with an engine that
> small! (3.0 liters)
Honestly, I only drove a car with a 3l engine in the US. In Europe we have
to pay about 2...3 times the price for the liter fuel and that's the reason
to have very effective engines and possibly no automatic gear which takes
another liter per 100km. The records of my 1.8l Mitsubishi Sport show that I
paid already 10000 USD for fuel to drive 80000 miles for car which did cost
only 20000USD. At the end of its lifetime this thing swallowed more money
for fuel, taxes and repair than it did cost. This is sort of weird!

> Ed (anything under 500hp should only be used to cut grass)
Hmm, with the 1.8l Mitsubishi I get only 125hp but I'm happy that I can
drive it up to 160mph, only on the German Autobahn, of course! And of course
I can't hear the stereo at this speed :-)

--
With best regards / Viele Gruesse

Marco Mailand http://slsbd.psi.ch/timing http://slsbd.psi.ch/~mmailand https://www.paypal.com/refer/pal=YYD3VUXUVD2YG