Re: [NTLK] 32MB Card problem / Cogito?

From: Laurent Daudelin (nemesys_at_cox.rr.com)
Date: Tue Apr 23 2002 - 08:05:45 EDT

on 23/04/02 03:18, Tony Kan at tony.kan_at_clear.net.nz wrote:

> How do you monitor the amount of heap you have available. I've started
> freezing packages that I don't use but the memory info figure showing the
> amount of free memory doesn't seem to increase.

The heap is the running memory for applications. It's different than the
storage memory. Most backdrop applications (like Avi's Backdrop) will show
you that amount of memory. For a 2100 or a 2000 upgraded, it's usually
between 300-400 Kb, depending on the number of packages that you have
installed.

-Laurent.

benchmark n.: [techspeak] An inaccurate measure of computer performance. "In the computer industry, there are three kinds of lies: lies, damn lies, and benchmarks." Well-known ones include Whetstone, Dhrystone, Rhealstone (see h), the Gabriel LISP benchmarks (see gabriel), the SPECmark suite, and LINPACK. See also machoflops, MIPS, smoke and mirrors.