Re: [NTLK] AppleTalk Internet Router

From: John Skinner (john_at_johnskinner.net)
Date: Tue Apr 23 2002 - 13:58:05 EDT

Marco Mailand wrote:
>>I need Apple Internet Router's function so that I can make Appletalk
>>available on 2 Ethernet ports, and maybe a third serial port.
>
> IPNR does a lot of things like that.

It lacks the same functions as what I use, VICOM Internet Gateway.
Niether deal with AppleTalk, only with TCP/IP protocols.

Here is a quote from Sustainable software's web site...

[Does IPNetRouter "multihome" Appletalk?

IPNetRouter does not effect your Appletalk network in any way. Whatever
Apple permits Appletalk to do, it will do. What does this mean? This
means that whatever interface is selected in the Appletalk control panel
is the one on which Appletalk will be active. IPNetRouter does not use
Appletalk, nor can it manipulate the Appletalk transport layer. If you
are experiencing problems getting your Appletalk printer to work, it is
extremely unlikely that it has much to do with IPNetRouter. The same
goes for Filesharing over Appletalk.
]