Re: [NTLK] OT - Off topic - US drivers

From: Ed Kummel (tech_ed_at_yahoo.com)
Date: Tue Apr 23 2002 - 15:19:36 EDT

Nah! no thanks! I've been in one of those little cars
and they seem so...well, delicate! There is nothing
like the feel of a massive throbbing 7+Liter engine
rumbling within a 4 thousand pound car measuring over
15 feet in length to make you feel save and
comfortable! Driving along at 120 mph and the tach
only reads 3,500 RPM...then when you stomp on the gas,
you still have pickup! Total security! The engine
doesn't sound like it's going to explode and the
unevenness of the road is absorbed by the weight of
the car. Honestly, at speed, a big American car
doesn't even feel all that fast! I once drove across
Nevada and averaged over 110 mph the entire time and
never once had a problem. Convertible top down, stereo
blasting, one hand on the wheel, airconditioning going
full blast...that's what's called cruising!
Ed (bigger is better)
web/gadget guru
http://npds.tek-ed.com (my NPDS server and it's new
subdomain)

http://www.industryclick.com/microsites/index.asp?srid=10430&pageid=1794&
> siteid=26&magazineid=50&srtype=1> . Americans have
> been trained to think that
> larger engine displacement is the only way to achive
> power.
>
> -Tom

=====
- Arthur C. Clarke -