[NTLK] Rotring Quattro stylus pen

From: Jesse Garnier (jgarnier_at_mac.com)
Date: Tue Apr 23 2002 - 23:04:31 EDT

Received my Rotring Quattro stylus pen from StylusCentral.com via UPS ground
today. $34.99 with free shipping. Got next-day service from Rhode Island to
New York City.

It comes in a fancy, latched plastic box complete with felt lining -- as any
self-respecting $35/pen should. The 'rotring' logo is set into the plastic
on the outside of the case, and also silk-printed on the felt inside.

It has a folded instruction and refill guide in English and Francais, and a
stapled guarantee booklet in nine languages.

My pen is dark gray metal with a pencil, blue pen, red pen, and pencil. I
probably would prefer silver, if they make one.

The refills say "Made in Germany". The pen came with an extra black refill.

The pen itself has "Japan" on the barrel, with the 'rotring' logo on the
clip and a red stripe around the pen near the top. Beneath the stripe,
around the pen, are four icons, each corresponding with a pen tip.

The stylus tip is smooth, white plastic and the action on the pens and
pencil is solid.

For those who aren't familiar with how it works, this pen has a single
plunger on the non-writing end which, when pushed, pushes out the tip whose
icon is facing 'up' on the pen barrel. When an icon is facing up, the proper
refill is actually on the bottom side of the pen, awaiting the
gravity-actuated plunger to set it in place.

The tip retracts by pressing a release tab set into the top of the clip.

Interestingly, the stylus and red pen refills were transposed in their
slots.

I like it. ;)

--Jesse

P.S. I will never again in my life describe a pen in such detail.