Re: [NTLK] Various newton related things

From: Robert Benschop (rbenschop_at_mac.com)
Date: Wed Apr 24 2002 - 16:18:08 EDT

on 24-04-2002 8:06, Daniel Padilla at daniel.padilla_at_wanadoo.es wrote:

> As you can see there, we had the visit of "papa smurf" ( with love :-) ) =
and
> he carried no less than 11 newtons. Every MessagePad model plus a sharp
> expertPad.

Shocking, my cover is blown. (as you can see I put my sunglasses on in the
beginning, but it wasn't very light out there ;-)
So now you all know that I go to the same hairdresser as Victor...

Papa Smurf is called Eug=E8ne van Herpen and is apart from being a really nic=
person a fanatic collector (as you can tell from these pictures, of course)

The meeting was great, everybody missed loads of the cheap Apple deals
downstairs because the Newton meeting upstairs was so much fun.

Very nice to meet Daniel (and his lovely wife !) in person and I was very
impressed by his windows mp3 application (that's out in the world by now,
but was a novelty at that meeting) his voice activated Newton book page
turner and for the first time I saw Tibet in action, was very impressed
especially by it's speed.

Next NUG meeting I'll attend is probably in Paris, looks like I'll drive
over 900 km, whoever said once that the Newton isn't a PDA but an
addiction......?

Robert Benschop