Re: [NTLK] OT: on OT

From: Laurent Daudelin (laurent_daudelin_at_fanniemae.com)
Date: Wed Apr 24 2002 - 17:26:13 EDT

On 24/04/02 16:41, "Eric L. Strobel" <fyzycyst_at_comcast.net> wrote:

> on 4/24/02 2:24 PM, Robert Benschop at rbenschop_at_mac.com wrote:
>
>> If the traffic becomes this high with so much OT in it I tend to accidently
>> delete on-topic Newton related questions that normally I would dig up out of
>> my deleted items folder, but I won't/can't be bothered after I just deleted
>> over 50 messages unread.
>
> If I read the headers correctly, you use Entourage? Is there a reason why
> you don't have message threading turned on? That's how I cull out
> uninteresting topics, just pop open the thread and select them all and BAM!
> (Well, I'm in OE, but they're basically the same, right?)

However, I don't know why, but Microsoft, IMHO, has severely overlooked the
threading. Once you select the messages to be threaded, they are all sorted
by the subject! What a stupid idea! I would like to have the threads sorted
by the date the first message in the thread was sent, but nope, you can't do
that. If it wasn't for that, Entourage would be near perfect for email, for
me at least...

-Laurent.

bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe, trying to produce
bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning."
-Rich Cook