[NTLK] OT - Off Topic - Driving fast: Warning

From: Frank Gruendel (Frank_Gruendel_at_t-online.de)
Date: Wed Apr 24 2002 - 17:33:10 EDT

> That kind of car somehow brings out the animal in me, and I
> finally discovered that the German Autobahnen have a left lane, where the
> Audis, the Mercs and the Porches live. They all snarled at me, but I
> wouldn't go away ;^)

As this horse has been beat to death about three times within the last two
days, I'll keep this short.
Just a polite reminder for those of you not familiar with German traffic
law: Blocking the left lane, even while driving at 180 KpH, can easily
become one of the most expensive pleasures you ever had if someone
who'd rather drive at 250 KpH can't pass and has a witness. Their calling
the police might easily result in your being temporarily removed from all
traffic at the next exit. In addition to a fine that is not exactly
negligible and,
if you are a German, loss of your driver's license.

Frank

(proud owner of a 1981 Golf diesel with a maximum speed of
140 KpH. Equipped with 12'' bass speakers and a 200 Watt audio
amplifier, mainly used to play the CD's of his Swedish course these
days).

Newton hardware and software at http://www.pda-soft.de