Re: [NTLK] OT: on OT

From: Laurent Daudelin (nemesys_at_cox.rr.com)
Date: Wed Apr 24 2002 - 23:10:13 EDT

on 24/04/02 22:55, Paul Nuernberger at newton_at_thenuernbergers.com wrote:

> Um ... huh ?? I've used both OE and Entourage and IIRC you simply select
> View/Threaded in the menu and click on the sent column in the message list
> window. Voila - threaded view sorted by date of first message.

Maybe in OE, but not in Entourage X. I had "Threaded" checked in the "View"
menu. So, I went in the list and clicked on the "Sent" column, like you
suggest. Yes, the messages are now sorted by date, but they're no longer
threaded. I just went back to the "View" menu and the "Threaded" item is no
longer checked. I'm not positively sure for Entourage 2001, but I thought it
had the same problem. Are you sure you got it to work with Entourage? I've
been using OE too long ago, so I don't remember...

-Laurent.

Borg n.: In "Star Trek: The Next Generation" the Borg is a species of cyborg that ruthlessly seeks to incorporate all sentient life into itself; their slogan is "You will be assimilated. Resistance is futile." In hacker parlance, the Borg is usually Microsoft, which is thought to be trying just as ruthlessly to assimilate all computers and the entire Internet to itself (there is a widely circulated image of Bill Gates as a Borg). Being forced to use Windows or NT is often referred to as being "Borged". Interestingly, the Halloween Documents reveal that this jargon is live within Microsoft itself. (Other companies, notably Intel and UUNet, have also occasionally been equated to the Borg.) See also Evil Empire, Internet Exploiter.