[NTLK] aye, take that wee spider OOOT! was, Re: Toshiba does newton-size

From: Pedro Hobbyfrazoo (pjfraser_at_mac.com)
Date: Thu Apr 25 2002 - 17:18:33 EDT

aw, hell. i just thought it was because you aren't Scottish.

growing up, if we were caught killing a spider, our Glaswegian dad
would've given us the belt...why?

Back in the 1300s Robert the Bruce fought and lost six battles against
the British. Defeated, discouraged at heart, and hiding from his
enemies, he sat shivering in a cave, dejectedly watching a spider
weaving a web. Six times the spider tried to swing the final string of
its web and six times it failed; then on the seventh try, the spider
made it. Robert the Bruce figured that if an insect could keep trying,
so could he. Out he went to fight again, defeating the British, and
winning the throne of Scotland.

so send your address. if it's close enough to my dad, he'll come over
and "teach" you the proper way to care for spiders. he's 77 and has
false teeth, but he's still got a worse bite than the Brown Recluse!