Re: [NTLK] MS Outlook 2000

From: Jeb Bolding (jebber_at_mac.com)
Date: Thu Apr 25 2002 - 19:41:48 EDT

I looked on UNNA...didn't see Outlink. Anyone know where a version may re=
side?

Lookout works okay, but as far as I can see, when I sync with the Newton,=
 the=20
notes from an appointment don't pull from Outlook. Since that's usually w=
here=20
phone numbers and info reminders are, it's kind of a hindrance.

jeb

On Thursday 25 April 2002 05:18 pm, Robert Taylor wrote:
> On 4/25/02 3:12 PM, "newtontalk_at_newtontalk.net" <newtontalk_at_newtontalk.=
net>

> wrote:
> > Subject: Re: [NTLK] MS Outlook 2000 (was Backup failure via e-net to =
mac)
> > Date: Thu, 25 Apr 2002 18:02:17 -0400
> > From: <tfbiii_at_nbscomputers.net>
> >

> > http://www.unna.org/unna/utilites/LookOut/
> >
> > Another product is OutLink, I found it "less-than-stable" though. I
> > think it won't work with anything past Outlook 98
>
> I've used OutLink with Outlook 2000 and Outlook XP (and service pack
> iterations on top of those) with no problems.
>
> I tried LookOut and was not impressed- the FoxPro interface seemed pret=
ty
> inscrutable to me.
>
> Of course, don't use OutLink much any more or my uMP2K because I snagge=
> one of the Kyocera PalmPhones that are being blown out for $150 by Spri=
> (even less if you don't have service). While Graffiti is pretty awful
> compared to Rosetta, the form factor of the cell phone is a BIG improve=
ment
> over lugging a cell AND the mp2K (I can slip the cell into my pocket). =
That