Re: [NTLK] LCD & TouchPad - Where to Find?

From: Laurent Daudelin (laurent_daudelin_at_fanniemae.com)
Date: Fri Apr 26 2002 - 14:25:37 EDT

On 26/04/02 13:01, "Luiz Petroni" <lpetroni_at_compassoarte.com.br> wrote:

>> Might be more cost effective to find a complete 2100. Then, your first one
>> could be kept for parts for the 2nd, new one...
>>

> In case a buy a new MP2100 I would like to use my 2nd one as an experimental
> unit and supposing that money isn't a problem (just supposing...) and also
> that I'm physical & psichologically prepared to enter this
> lcd/backlight/touch pad replacement saga can someone direct me to a company
> / person who can furnish these parts and instructions how to replace them?

I think the name was Ferdi Ozguner, or something like that. This guy did
post a message this week or maybe last week to the effect that he was
offering backlight in different colors. AFAIR, there was no mention of the
touch screen, only the backlight. Check the NewtonTalk archive for the
specific message.

-Laurent.

coaster n.: 1. Unuseable CD produced during failed attempt at writing to
writeable or re-writeable CD media. Certainly related to the coaster-like
shape of a CD, and the relative value of these failures. "I made a lot of
coasters before I got a good CD." 2. Useless CDs received in the mail from
the likes of AOL, MSN, CI$, Prodigy, ad nauseam.