Re: [NTLK] DONT BELIEVE THE GEM OFFER

From: Bradford Schmidt (brad_at_bradfordschmidt.com)
Date: Mon Apr 29 2002 - 10:39:14 EDT

Saturday, April 27, 2002, 3:12:23 PM, Ferdi wrote:

> Im on the trail of where these Newton's are coming from and ive almost figured it out. Let me tell you they are making a bundle on us. The PRODUCT RESALE COMPANY made a bundle on the early
> adopters of Newton's.

You know, I am interested in where they are coming from, and I have
heard bad customer service things about Gem, which is a VERY valid
reason to not do business with them - but to not do business because
they are "making a bundle" makes no sense to me. So what? $150
2100's arrived on the scene, and many people here (myself included)
bought one or more, saving a lot of cash over what they would have
cost prior to the flood - in fact, it was the reason I COULD afford
one rather than having to stick with my 2000.

These folks coughed up the cash, and spent the time dealing with
reselling - good for them for making a buck, and good for us for
saving a bunch. My only bitch is that I wish I could find places to
buy bulk stuff like that to resell.

Bradford Schmidt
http://www.bradfordschmidt.com

mailto:brad_at_bradfordschmidt.com